J.Nikole Hershberger 2011. Powered by Blogger.


Monday, October 3, 2011

Standing alone.

So tonight Adam was doing his usual cruising along furniture and he let go! He stood alone for about five seconds! It made me so proud!! The look in his eye was amazing! It was like "Look at me mom! Im a big boy!"
Of course I screamed and scared the bejesus outa him! lol So he probably wont do it again for another month or so!
Being a mom makes you so proud of the little things!

Adam doesnt know how tough the world is. He doesnt know anything about money, bills, war, or hate, he doesnt know what it means to do something wrong, or to be in trouble. He doesnt understand why mommy and daddy arent together. And he doesnt understand all the problems that are going on.
But he is smart;
He knows about love. And he knows about laughter. He knows about trying to stand up. And he knows about falling down. He knows about getting bumps and bruises. And about trying again. He knows that for almost 10 months hes been trying and failing, but that hasnt stopped him!

He just kept on going until he was able to stand alone.

Maybe that's a sign to me. Maybe I'm not just here to teach Adam. But maybe he is here to teach me. Maybe I need to let go of the past. And maybe I need to realize that the bumps and bruises will happen. And it might not feel good. And I might not like it. I might get frustrated and angry. But I need to keep pushing until I too am able to stand alone.