Today has been bad. Well, not all bad. Chase's Mom came over for a while, and we talked for some time and it was quite nice. But thats about all of the polite, normal adult interaction I've had in over a week.
Adam has been screaming at me for the past hour and a half. Hes yelling, he is hitting, he pulls my hair, he bites, he points his finger and tells me "No." And honestly, I don't know how much more of it I can take.
Don't get me wrong. I love this little guy. But these days I'm loving him a whole lot more at nap time. If I didn't know better I'd think that the book on terrible twos was written specifically about him. Everything I do makes him mad. And I cannot do anything without him being in my butt.
He has this severe separation anxiety thing going on. And its killing me. I literally want to run away at times. And this sounds terrible.
This isn't fun. This isn't enjoyable. I don't spend my days on the couch eating chips and watching stars movies. I spend my days taking care of a vindictive little brat! I spend my days wondering what I can do to make him "normal". I spend time crying because hes so mean, and I spend time hiding under blankets and in the bathroom just so that I can have two minutes alone. And even then I have to listen to him scream at me because he cant find me.
A word to the wise for all the young girls who I hear saying that they want a baby because they want to feel loved. If you want to feel loved, if you want companionship, and loyalty, if you want a best friend, and you want a buddy.... Get a damn dog, because your damn sure not getting it from a child.
Seriously people, I love Adam. But today... I'm absolutely losing it.