Today I revceived my package from Giving Diapers Giving Hope. If you didn't know GDGH is a diaper *lending* company for low income or needy families who otherwise might not be able to afford a cloth diaper stash or may have trouble affording disposable diapers on a day to day basis.
The process didn't take long. My application was approved the same day and the diapers were sent out at the end of the week. All in all it took about two weeks total from the date of application until the day the diapers arrived.
There isn't much information on GDGH out there so I thought I'd write this review!
Upon opening the package up I got WAY more than I expected. Its important to remember that all diapers given out by GDGH are donated to them by moms and dads who want to help out others. They are previously loved diapers and so are not in brand new condition, but they are useable and overall it's pretty awesome!
What I got-
2 Light Pink BumGenius One Size Pocket Diapers- These are Velcro and each came with a microfiber insert tucked inside. There is some moderate staining on the inside of these but I'm hopeful with a good wash and sunning they will look good as new.
1 Light Pink BumGenius One Size AIO- I'm sure there is some fancy name BumGenius gives this diaper. In my book it's an AIO. There is no pocket for an insert and it has a sewn in insert. This diaper looks like it's never even been used!
1 Darker Pink Rump-A-Rooz Pocket Diaper- This is also a one size diaper (I think). It came with some sort of blended insert tucked inside the pocket. It is a double gusset diaper and it's been well loved for sure. The inner is quite discolored and the Velcro isn't super sticky, but it seems to hold good enough. I'm hoping that with a good soak-wash and sunning this diaper will come cleaner than it is now.
2 Dark Pink Eco Bumz Diapers- These I'm somewhat confused about. There is a pocket with insert but there is also what seems like a sewn in insert. They aren't one size in that they don't have snap downs but they seem to be more a one size type diaper. I've got some research to do on these for sure. They're both in pretty good condition. Milk staining, but as with the others I expect they will come clean.
2- One size pocket diapers of unknown brand- There is a pink diaper and a multi colored diaper both have microfiber inserts. Neither have a specific brand though I expect that the pink is some sort of "china diaper" as the only thing on it is a tag that says "Made with love in china". Both of these are in fair condition.
4 fitted diapers- One of these is a Kissas size one and other than pilling, which is the nature of the fabric, is in good condition. One of these is a Lollipop Baby brand fitted. It is super soft inside! I'm assuming this to be a newborn diaper as it has the snap down for umbilical cord. It's an adorable flower pattern. The two other fitteds are also super nice. One is SUPER thick and I expect will be a good overnight diaper. The other doesnt have snaps or Velcro so I *think* I'll have to use a snappi with it. I'm not sure though.
4 prefolds- Two of the prefolds are white, so they are bleached two are tan so are unbleached. I'm not sure of brand. All four look brand new. The white are a green edge, but seem small (possibly a newborn or small size) the tan are slightly bigger (one is a purple edge the other isn't outlined with a colored thread).
1 Size 1 Snappi. Brand new in the package.
2 Size Small (8-15lbs) Bummis Super Whisper Wraps- These are white. And appear to be brand new to me.
1 Size NB (7-10lbs) Bummis Super Whisper Wrap- As with the smalls this one is white and appears to be brand new.
5 NB Bummis Whisper Pants- These are a cover but rather than a snap they are pull up and down. I'm not sure how well these will work they dont appear to be very thick but I'm willing to give anything a try.
5 FuzziBunz Cloth wipes- These are super soft!
1 set of "Baby Legs"- These are like leg warmers but for babies. They are blue with birds and flowers on them. Not really cloth diaper related but they're cute!
So all in all- I got a ton of stuff! I'm super excited to wash everything up and get it all together for my little one. =)
I'm going to post an update with some photos after I get everything washed up!